Beauty Queens update #1: WOW!

Thursday, February 7, 2013
Beauty Queens so far.

Well...

Libba Bray you have out done yourself. This book is amazing as, well, I can't even think of anything right now so gifs shall describe my happiness/excitement.









I guess that's enough gifs. For now. :)

But okay, I guess it's time for words. Blergh. Fine.

In Beauty Queens, as you know from my last post, the basic premise is that a bunch of teenage beauty queens' plane crashes on a deserted island and they have to survive against all odds. I didn't imagine any dying in here, but yeah it happened! And it is making me laugh so hard that I cry. The style of this book is just so different too! There are footnotes, facts about the characters that don't sound like a police description of them, and my personal favorite, little segments from TV shows or commercials. I am tearing through this book like the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes tears through, well, everything! Even while writing this post, the book is sitting beside me, waiting, begging to be read.

The one thing that bothers me about this book is that there are so many characters that it's hard to remember who's who. But that tiny thing compared to the rest of the great things about this book is just like


Unless this book takes a MAJOR turn for the worst, it is going on my favorites shelf!

That's all!



Byezzzz! :)))))


PS. Oh BTW, if you love The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver, in honor of Requiem releasing in less than a month, please post what the trilogy means to you, where you discovered it, stuff like that. Lauren Oliver will read them and see how thankful we all are to her and how VERY much we love her. Link here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...