Ketchup!!!!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Hi!

Just wanted you to know right off the bat, that whilst I do love ketchup, (Boo you mayo and mustard!) That is not what this post is about, so if you stumbled upon this blog looking for a ketchup lovers blog sorry, wrong place. I wrote that title because you and I need to CATCH UP on what I've been reading!

Since I have last posted, I have finished Racing In The Rain, and the 4th of the Clique novels by Lisi Harrison titled Invasion Of The Boy Snatchers. So I have to post reviews for both of those. Also, along with Hoot, I am now reading two more books: The Pearl by John Steinbeck and Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple, so the following are intros to those two books. My reviews for Racing In The Rain and Invasion Of The Boy Snatchers will either come later tonight or sometime soon I promise!

So, book #2 that I'm reading along with Hoot:




The Pearl by John Steinbeck

So you know how I usually talk about how freakin' excited I am to be reading a book? Well with this book, here's the thing..I'm kind of not. Excited, I mean. I love classics and all, but I'm reading this book for my reading class (yes, another book I'm reading for reading class), and the kids in the grade ahead of me that read this book have NOT told me good things about this book. But my reading teacher is so excited about this book that I will not jump to conclusions and give it a chance. It's super short too, only six chapters so that's a plus! The description via the back cover:

THE PEARL is an enduring and classic fable, sensitively told, in simple and beautiful language. It is the story of a fisherman who found a pearl beyond price, the Pearl of the World. With the pearl, he hoped to buy peace and happiness for himself, his wife and their little son. Instead he found that peace and happiness are not to be purchased. They are, themselves, pearls beyond price. THE PEARL is a book to be read many times and cherished forever.

And book #3 is:

Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple

I believe I am back to my normal self because I am SO FREAKING EXCITED TO READ THIS BOOK AND HOLY CRAP ASDFGHKL:'.

That's enough of that.

Wait.

One more thing.


And we're back.

The description of this book via Goodreads.com:

Bernadette Fox is notorious. To her Microsoft-guru husband, she's a fearlessly opinionated partner; to fellow private-school mothers in Seattle, she's a disgrace; to design mavens, she's a revolutionary architect, and to 15-year-old Bee, she is a best friend and, simply, Mom. 

Then Bernadette disappears. It began when Bee aced her report card and claimed her promised reward: a family trip to Antarctica. But Bernadette's intensifying allergy to Seattle--and people in general--has made her so agoraphobic that a virtual assistant in India now runs her most basic errands. A trip to the end of the earth is problematic. 

To find her mother, Bee compiles email messages, official documents, secret correspondence--creating a compulsively readable and touching novel about misplaced genius and a mother and daughter's role in an absurd world.

Sounds wonderful! EEEEEEPPPP!!!!!


I have to go! My reviews will go up sometime this week (I hope!)

BYE! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...