Top Ten Tuesday #3!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Hey people!

April 30: Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book


Hmm... that's a tough one. Here goes nothing!
1. Dystopia(n). Really, I'm a sucker for Dystopian books. I think it's because I've had such a great experience with them. The Hunger Games, Divergent, Matched, Delirium... and now I can't stop reading these books.

2. Mythology. I LOVE reading mythology, and how ancient cultures believe things came to be. I especially will fall for mythology books with a modern spin. An example of a book like this, and one I really want to get my hands on, is The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter.

3. New York Times Bestseller. I know, I know... I shouldn't judge a book based upon it's praise alone, but if it makes it on this list, it's gotta be good! Plus, I aspire to write a book that will end up on this list... someday.

4. Eccentric. I love eccentricity. Everything about it. If a description for a book mentions an eccentric array of characters, immediately my brain goes DING! Gotta read it! 

5. Futuristic. Does this kind of go along with Dystopian?  Well, whatever. I love books with a futuristic setting, mainly because I like to see what kinds of new technologies authors can come up with.

6. (Insert favorite author's name here). Well, obviously! If one of my favorite authors writes a new book, I obviously want to read, since I know what great writers they are already.

7. Books that say they are read-alikes to one of my favorites. For example if a book says that it's perfect for fans of The Hunger Games, I go all, "That's ME!!!!!"

8. Classics. Obviously, books are classics because they are cherished and have been loved by many generations, so when I see a classic, I want to find out why everybody loves it so much!

9. A book that is what one of my favorite movies is based on. Take Confessions of A Shopaholic for example. I watched the movie first, and ADORED it, then found out it was based on a book, so I immediately wanted to pick up the book!

10. Romantic. I love fairy-tale romances and things like that, so if a book is romance (YA romance, mind you!) I immediately want to grab a carton of ice cream, read the book, and be depressed that my life isn't that perfect. ;)

That's my Top Ten!

Check out the lovely people who created this over here.

Bye guys! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...