Top Ten Tuesday!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013
I finally remembered to start this!




Top Ten Tuesday REWIND -- pick a past topic you missed or one you want to revisit!

The Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read



Okay so...

1. The Harry Potter Series- Yeah, I know. This sounds kind of ridiculous, but it's fine. When I was little and I wanted to read these books, my dad said no, because he's not a huge lover of the magic and sorcery and all that. At first I was upset, but over the years, I've kind of lost interest anyway. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate these books, they're just... I don't know. Something I don't plan on reading.

2. Any Percy Jackson books- These books, I actually PLAN on reading. I've been obsessed with Greek myths for quite a while so these book seem REALLY interesting, and I've heard great things about them. Other books just lodged themselves in my brain and I couldn't stop thinking about them until I read them, and so the Percy Jackson books just faded into the woodwork, and...yeah. I still want to read this!

3. Pride & Prejudice- Now this... this is just RIDICULOUS. I've wanted to read this book for AGES. I OWN a copy. But I still haven't read it. Why? I guess you could say I'm sort of old-school and seldom buy books. Usually I check them out from the magical and wonderful place that is my public library. But that adds on pressure, because books are due or have holds on them, so I don't have time to read the books I bought! And generally, I don't read two books or more at the same time. But I REALLY need to read this. I know I loved the movie!

4. Where The Red Fern Grows- I WISH I could read this book, but I can't bring myself to. I know the ending, and so when I held the book in my hands and was about to open the book, I started to tear up and get emotional and just couldn't read it because I would bawl my eyes out, although only one book I've EVER read has made me cry, and that wasn't even THAT sad. I'm weird.

5. Any Shakespeare- Maybe it's because I'm still fairly young, but I haven't read ANY books by Shakespeare, and I think that's kind of crazy. There is NO excuse for me. I OWN a copy of Romeo and Juliet, paperback, and on like 2 e-readers. But every time I try to pick up this book, my brain explodes with confusion, and I just put it back down. But soon enough I WILL read Shakespeare. I will.

6. Little Women- Another one of these "What the hell is wrong with me?" moments. I own this book on TWO e-readers, yet have only gotten about 100 pages into it. It wasn't any fault of the book when I stopped reading, my e-reader died and I was just too lazy to re-charge it, and it's been sitting somewhere gathering dust ever since. But one day, I will get back to this. I know I will love it, because the first 100 pages were AMAZING.

7. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass- This book is a CLASSIC. I really want to read it, but it's just another one of those books that quietly and patiently waits in my to-read shelf, not making itself shown and reminding me to read it. I love a good fantasy book, and I love Alice In Wonderland, both the old and new movies. I love the quirky, insane world Carroll creates. I know this is a MUST read.

8. The Giver- I have no explanation that is good enough to show WHY I haven't read this book yet, but I'l try to explain. This book has been everywhere as I was growing up. Every kids section I went to, they always proudly showed this book. It's at my past and present school libraries, and people have recommended to me several times. But the thing is: I didn't WANT to read this book. I don't know, it just didn't seem interesting, and so I never picked it up. I was on Goodreads maybe a couple of months ago and I saw this book and read the description, and I was like "I am SO reading this. It is MY kind of book." So  now I anxiously want to read. It's strange how a book I avoided so long is now climbing up to the top of my to-read list. It shows you how my tastes in books have evolved so much!

9. The Diary Of A Young Girl- Especially since Justin Bieber acted like a complete idiot at the Anne Frank house, I want to read this book, and find out more about Anne's story. I know she is an amazing person and an inspiration, but I want to know MORE. I have no clue WHY I haven't read this book yet, but I should and I will. 

10. The Little Prince- When I was little and my dad would take me to the library, he would pick out a few books for me that he thought looked really good and this was one of them. I wasn't very excited about this book, and probably read a few pages and then stopped. Simply put, I didn't like it.But I want to give it another chance, because it seems like it will be a nice little book that will make me feel like I'm a little girl again I can't believe I haven't read this book because, come on! It's such a popular children's book!

So that's my top ten! What are some books you can't believe you haven't read? Post in the comments! 

And don't forget to visit the lovely people who created Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke And The Bookish!

Have a good rest of your day! 

Bye-bye! :)



2 comments:

Chikadee said...

Wow, that is a really great list for the topic, I can't believe you haven't read those books either! But by the look of your fave book list, I can see why--those are great books.

~Of Ka'u Hawanawana

Saru Garg said...

Thanks Chikadee! :D

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...