Book Sacrifice!

Thursday, May 23, 2013
I discovered a new youtuber today by the username of PolandbananasBOOKS and man, she is awesome! Like her book reviews are AMAZING. Check them out.

She got this idea of a book sacrifice from Ariel Bissett who is another great youtube book reviewer, and it basically gives you the chance to rant about books you hate.

**Disclaimer: These are books I hate. If you like them, sorry, I mean no offense. These are all my own opinions.**

Here's the video.

So basically, she gives you a bunch of scenarios and you have to choose a book to sacrifice. I'll write down the scenarios and my response!

Scenario 1: OH NO!!!! It's a zombie apocalypse! You are trapped in a bookstore as zombies start coming in acting like their creepy undead selves, and the only way to kill them is by hitting them on the head with an overhyped book. Which book do you pick?

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky. Oh. My. God. When you go on Goodreads, so many people are like, this book is SOOO good and amazing and wonderful! So I decided to pick it up. Can I have my time back please? Katie Kacvinsky took an AMAZING idea of a not-so-unrealistic world where everything is done through  a computer screen and KILLED IT. KILLED IT. How? She inserted crazily annoying insta-love in, and made that the main plot instead of any kind of action. MY GOD THE MAIN CHARACTER MEETS THE GUY ONCE AND DECIDES SHE'S TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH HIM. STOP IT. NO. He is literally almost all she thinks about. For god's sake. This book is way overhyped.

Scenario 2: You just got a brand new, $50 dollar haircut, and then realize it's raining out. You have to choose a sequel to a book to sacrifice for the sake of your beautiful new haircut. What sequel do you choose?

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. I didn't hate this book, but I thought it was a huge step down from Uglies. I wasn't feeling it as much as Uglies, so SURE! I would sacrifice this book! :)


Scenario 3: Your teacher is droning on and on about some classic novel and how it is the epitome of greatness, and you're thinking, I HATED THIS BOOK. What book are you and your teacher talking about?

The Pearl by John Steinbeck. If you want a break down of all the reasons I absolutely could NOT STAND this book, then please, be my guest and read my review. I just... how is this book a classic? How could people ever like this book? Why? Why do people think it's so great? EVERYTHING about this book aggravated me, especially the characters. Forgive me, but I wanted to throw a brick at Kino. And shake some sense into Juana. UGHHHH.

Scenario 4: (This one is ridiculous and makes no sense) You are in the library when global warming EXPLODES! You need to stay inside where you are the library, and burn what books you can to stay warm because the global warming makes everything cold(?). What is the first book you  run to burn, knowing you hate it so much you won't regret burning it?

The Clique by Lisi Harrison. Was I in my right mind when I gave this book 5 STARS??? REALLY SARU? REALLY? God this book is SO unbelievably BAD. The characters are all names too rude to type, the "plot" does not exist, the lesson is also non-exist, the whole idea is unrealistic and encourages girls to be cruel. NO. NO. You know what, forget just the first one, burn THE ENTIRE SERIES. I read the first 3 or 4 and they were absolutely NOT worth the time I spent on them. I'm very glad I quit while I was ahead. BURN BOOKS BURN!!!!!

Scenario 5: You are backstage before a stand-up comedy routine, and all you have with you are your favorite book series. Right before you go onstage, you realize you FORGOT to spit out your gum. There are no trash cans around, and you can't go on stage with gum in your mouth. You realize all you can do is tear the last page out of a book in one of your favorite series. What books last page do you tear out?

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. Now this one is different from all the others, because I actually loved this book. The only reason I want to tear out the last page is because IT IS A CLIFFHANGER AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS. WHAT IS THIS???? WHY DO AUTHORS ACT SO SADISTIC AND TAKE PLEASURE IN THEIR DOTING FANS' PAIN????

Those are the books I'd sacrifice. How about you? Post in the comments what books you would sacrifice for each scenario!

Bye y'all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I HATED the Pearl lol. But for scenario five? One of the Beyonders books. I had to wait A YEAR for each book to come out.
Our, maybe The Warlock, because I had to wait a long time when THE WORLD WAS AT STAKE! Ugh curse you publishers! Lol love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but for scenario for I would burn Matched. The plot has very little action, I HATE love triangles, and the author used the same writing styles (somebody called so&so's name and they went over to join them) constantly. I abandoned it quickly.

Saru Garg said...

I understand a lot of people have problems with Ally Condie's writing style. I personally find it refreshing from writing with excessive details but I understand your point of view :)

Saru Garg said...

YAY! Someone hated The Pearl too! Oh my goodness I HATE long waits for books! And thank you :)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...