Top Ten Tuesday #4!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Hello! You know what time it is!

May 7: Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun

Oooh, that's a toughie one. (If you watch The Voice, you'll get the joke) :).

1. Confessions of a Shopaholic. I LOVE these books. Sure, they could be taken as deep because they kind of talk about addiction, but to SHOPPING, which makes it about a million times more fun. On this list, you'll probably see a ton of chick lit, since that's what I tend to read after a deep, depressing book. This book is the epitome of fun. Fashion, parties, shopping, and humor make it a book to pick up when you're looking for a fluffy and glossy, but still good read.

2. Nancy Drew. I have been OBSESSED with Nancy Drew, since what, 2nd, 3rd grade? I was never able to outgrow these books, so now I embrace my love for them! Though not necessarily light, I find these books very fun and engaging, and just a great series about a butt-kicking heroine. They're the kind of books I like curling up with in a blanket with some hot cocoa during the winter, and on my porch swing during summer.

3. The Babysitters Club. SHH. Don't make fun of me. Please? PLEASE? I KNOW ALREADY. I'm WAYY too old for these books. But I still love to read them. I don't know why, they're just so adorable and fun and LIGHT, so when I don't have anything to read, I read these books. Don't laugh at me. :p

4. The Clique. I did recently just abandon this series, because I feel like I don't have time for really annoying, yet entertaining books like this one. I have 1,863 books I'd rather read. But these books are still really light and fun, kind of like a Confessions of a Shopaholic for a younger audience, except for Confessions of a Shopaholic has a plot and The Clique is about a group of girls who shop a lot and act like a word I'm not going to type to one another.

5. Comedy books. Books like The Customer is Not Always Right or Autocowrecks! Are quick books I love to read because there's not a really a plot, and it probably only takes about 10-15 minutes to read. 

6. The Secret Series. These books aren't short, but are SERIOUSLY fun to read, and very humorous and action-packed. They were really captivating, but light-hearted!

7. The Princess Diaries. Yeah, more of the fluffy chick lit stuff. :D

8. Smile. Graphic novels are always fun and light reading, and this book is no exception!

9. Flipped. Young love makes for pretty light reading!

10. Geek Charming. Again with the chick lit! :D

Top Ten Tuesday was created by these lovely individuals.

BYE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...