Top Ten Tuesday 5/28/13

Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Hey!

May 28: Top Ten Tuesday Freebie (Anything you want! Top Ten Favorite Paranormal Creatures! Top Ten Books Set in Paris! Top Ten Books I Wish I Never Read! etc. etc.)

I choose: Top Ten All Time Favorite Books


Just TEN BOOKS? THAT'S ALL I CAN PICK? Oh god. These are in no particular order! 

1. The Mortal Instruments series. When you first join Goodreads, they give you a list of popular books for each genre that you said was your favorite. For young adult, City of Bones was at the tippity-top of the list, by Twilight. I read the description, and was like Meh, this isn't my kind of read. May I plead guilty due to insanity? This series is just ASDFGHJKL; and:


If I don't stop now I will fangirl for all eternity.

2. The Hunger Games trilogy. These books will always have a special place in my heart, because they were the very first Dystopian books I'd read, and my first fandom. Sure I've encountered books that may have been better than this, but still. It's THE HUNGER GAMES for goodness sake. And this was the first book to make me feel super emotional and made me fangirl.

3. Delirium trilogy. These books are just so beautiful. Lauren Oliver is a brilliant author and so of course, this is a brilliant trilogy. The plot is so original and such a good idea, and ALEX. What else do I need to say?

4. Divergent trilogy. AHHHH. These books blew my mind! The whole concept and the writing and the characters and the action and the... the... the... EVERYTHING. When my mom got me Insurgent, she said she figured it would take me 2 weeks to finish since it's fairly long. TWO DAYS MOM! :)

5. The Mysterious Benedict Society series. Out of all the books on this list, I read these books the earliest. I think I read the first book in maybe 3rd grade, and was immediately captivated by it. The author has such a sophisticated voice, but it's not boring sounding! The action in this book is simply great, and I remember being terrified of the minute-men, or ten-men. *Shudders*. It was frightening, my duckies! (You'll get it if you've read the series, which I just realized needs a re-read!)

6. Matched trilogy. So the Matched trilogy is one that people are VERY opinionated about. It's one of those trilogies where you either hate the books, or you love them. I stand firmly at love. In a lot of YA novels, you'll see a lot of detail in the writing, which is great but can get to feel a bit annoying at times. This book gives you a breather with it's simplistic, yet powerful writing style. 

7. The Fault in Our Stars. I...I...I don't know what to say. This book shattered my heart whilst making me laugh, making me think, and making me have an existentialist crisis. It was my first John Green book and is DEFINITELY not going to be my last.

8. Confessions of a Shopaholic series. This is my favorite chick-lit series. Whenever I'm in the mood for a light, fluffy, yet adorable and romantic read, I immediately go for these books. 

9. Graceling. Okay, right of the bat, I LOVE PO. I love Katsa being so kick-butt and the whole idea of this world. I love the action, and I love love love how funny this book is at the same time.

10. The Book Thief. I'm not even gonna say anything because if you haven't read this book then you need to RIGHT NOW and then you'll know why this is one of my all-time favorite books. Have I mentioned how I think that authors are sadists?

That's my top ten list! What are your favorite books? Do we share any? Do you disagree? Comment!

This book meme is hosted over here!

Bye! :)




6 comments:

lillylilac said...

Good list, I loved The Book Thief and The Fault in Our Stars as well.

Saru Garg said...

Thank you! And ACK they both were good but so sad! :( I'll be re-reading The Book Thief this summer :)

Susan said...

Nice list! I've read most of the books you listed and many of them are on my all-time favorites list, too. Glad we have some favorites in common :)

Epiphany Renee said...

Great choices. The ones I've read all get top ratings. As far as The Book Thief and TFIOS I think all who finish these have to admit they're some of the best stories and writing ever encountered.

Saru Garg said...

Susan- That's awesome! :) They're all so good! :)

Saru Garg said...

Epiphany Renee- Yes, my thoughts exactly! The writing and plot are breathtaking in both books, and the romance whether primary or secondary is tragically heart-breaking. :( Thank you!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...