Book Haul 6/11/13

Friday, June 14, 2013
Book haul, book haul, yes it's another book haul!


From top left to bottom right: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan, The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler, Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan, The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, and The Knife of Never Letting Go.

Now, in depth (Each link leads to the description on Goodreads).:


Actually, a friend recommended this to me, so I picked it up. When I searched it up, I found out it was on my shelf of books not to read. But I'll try it out because she seemed really excited about these books. I will also overlook the hideous cover. Well, it's not hideous, but I just can't get past the unnatural color of this girl's lips. :P


I figure I ought to read at least one nonfiction book this summer, and this would be it. I am really excited because I tend to like memoirs, and also because this book is a favorite of many people who's reviews I really listen to on Goodreads. It sounds good, so why not?


Now, I absolutely adored The Lightning Thief, so I totally want to start Rick Riordan's other series, which would be this and the Heroes of Olympus series! I have high expectations for this book! Plus, I've always been intrigued by Egyptian Mythology, ever since I read The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. So this should be a really fun read! Plus, it's told as if it's a recording, so the person is talking to you!


I'm going into this book with mixed emotions. I had started it maybe last year, and didn't want to continue because I felt disgusted by some parts. Now I am hardened and mature and want to try it again because come on, it's such a cool premise! I am totally into that! So I'm excited but nervous. We'll see. :D


I don't know if I'll like this book based solely on description, but the hype for this book and the 2nd one is just insane. I want to get onboard the cool train and read this! ;) I've heard it has a lot of gory action, so that's good! XD


I fell in love with The Lightning Thief from page 1. It was just that good. I am so thankful to have Sea of Monsters in my hands, because now I can find out what happens next! *Flaps arms in excitement*.


I...


I AM SO EXCITED. 


I HAVE NO WORDS. I have been hearing about the hype for these books for SO LONG and now, after weeks and weeks of waiting, I HAVE IT. And I shall devour it. I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO START TO DESCRIBE THAT I AM SO EXCITED AND ASDFGHJKL;

And that's my book haul! So what books do you all have? Have you read any books in this book haul? How were they? Tell me in the comments!
Bye! :D






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...