Mini-review: Reached by Ally Condie

Monday, June 17, 2013
So, I am really behind with reviews, so I am going to quickly review books I didn't finish. (Or more accurately, explain what went wrong in a paragraph or so).


Reached by Ally Condie
Rating: Return to later

After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.
*Screams in aggravation*. I got, what, 70 pages into this book, in 3 days. I was SO unmotivated to read that it wasn't even funny. I couldn't stand this book, and wanted to chuck it at a wall as hard as I could, or maybe burn it with a flamethrower. It was mind-numbingly boring and angsty and annoying and the characters all sounded the same and I couldn't stand this book and ARGH.

So Saru, you must be thinking. Why is this book marked as a return to later if you hated it so much?

*Sigh*. Let me explain. I absolutely adored Matched. I thought it was beautiful and interesting and poetic, and it became one of my favorite books. Then, I read Crossed. It was good, but not as good as Matched. I kind of suffered through that book a little bit. I had enjoyed books 1 and 2, and so I was excited for book 3, but, it SUCKED. The thing is, I don't want to abandon the series at the last book. I've stuck with it so far, and I'm seeing it through. I just have to get myself ready to plow through the horrid-ness. But eventually, I will try again, and who knows? Maybe the rest of it will be better than the first 70 pages!

To Read or Not to Read?

To be determined. ;)

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...