Top Ten Tuesday 6/18/13

Tuesday, June 18, 2013
I am so excited about the TTT prompt this week!

June 18: Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List





1. Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu

I don't know what to say. After reading Legend by Marie Lu, I knew I NEEDED this book. I was so blown away by it, and I loved both of the main characters. I absolutely have to know what happens next! I am SO EXCITED for this book! I will read it this summer for sure!












2. The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan

I recently finished book #1 of this series, called The Lightning Thief. After finishing, there was a hole in my soul that I knew would only be filled by the rest of these books. I plan on filling that hole this summer. More Percy Jackson please! :D










3. The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

So far, my favorite reads this year have got to be The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. My review for book one, City of Bones, can be found here. Most people who have read TMI have either loved equally, or more, Clare's second series, The Infernal Devices. I have loved all of Cassie's books so far, so I totally want to read these books!












4. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

Well, I don't see why not! I have been told by several people on several different occasions that I NEED to read this book, I loved the movie, and I own a copy! I definitely want to read this book! I KNOW it's good, because, well, do you know anyone who doesn't love Pride & Prejudice?














5. The Book Thief (Re-read) by Markus Zusak

*Screams for half an hour*. This book is one of my all-time favorites. It NEEDS a re-read. I need to re-live these moments, and then die again. Read that ending, again and again and again... This book is amazing. It is beautifully written, thought-provoking, and ultimately heart-breaking.














6. The Host (The Host #1) by Stephenie Meyer

I know that me and Stephenie Meyer got off on the wrong foot, what with me declaring firmly that Twilight is one of the books I will never in my life, read. But this book... sounds good. I've seen many surprised reviews from people who hated Twilight, saying that they loved this book! And it's 619 pages, which is pretty big, and I, for some reason, love reading big books!














7. Paper Towns by John Green

The reasons I plan on reading this book is because:

1. I love John Green.
2. I love John Green's books (or the one that I have read).
3. I love the Vlogbrothers.
4. This book is a mystery.
5. This book is a road trip novel.
6. This book fits my idea of a summer read.












8. Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

I don't actually have a choice in whether or not I read this book. Two friends and a cousin who are obsessed with these books have told me I don't have any option but to read this books, so I suppose I must. It sounds pretty good I guess, but the reviews are mixed. I'm going to read it anyway, because, like I said, no other option.














9. The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) by Rick Yancey

I have this book with me RIGHT NOW! I am so excited for it because it sounds so interesting, I have seen almost no negative reviews for it, I've been waiting for it for so long, ALIEN INVASION, and oh, that cover! I AM BEYOND EXCITED.














10. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 

I want to read an adorable romance this summer, and this book seems to fit the bill! Plus, again, I adore the cover! Just AW! I am totally looking forward to this book!

That's my top ten!

What about you? What books do you want to read this summer? Have you read any of the ones on my list? How are they? Leave a comment below and check out some of my other posts! Thanks!


Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

You have an AWESOME list here - so many of my favorites! The Infernal Devices are amazing, P&P, Book Thief, E&P... you are going to have a GREAT summer reading!

Saru Garg said...

Haha thanks! That gets me even more excited! And I hope I have a great summer reading. :)

Angelica said...

Great list of books!!
The Infernal Devices is great(although I haven't read Clockwork Princess yet. I'm planning on rereading Clockwork Angel and Prince first)

My TTT- http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-9.html

Saru Garg said...

Thanks Angelica!

I'm really excited for TID!

lillylilac said...

Great list, I love Percy Jackson, The Book Thief and The Host. I also want to read Paper Towns.

Eveline V said...

Great top ten! I really loved the Host:) thanks for stopping by.

Evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

Saru Garg said...

Thanks Lillylilac!

And thanks Eveline! I'm glad to hear you liked it!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...