Top Ten Tuesday 7/30/13

Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Hi everyone!

July 30: Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings In Books

Beginnings

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

"Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well."
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

"I have been locked up for 264 days."
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

"This book begins with a plane crash."
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

"“It has been sixty-four years since the president and the Consortium identified love as a disease, and forty-three since the scientists perfected a cure.”
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

"Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time to thinking about death."
Legend by Marie Lu

"My mother thinks I'm dead."

 Endings (May contain spoilers)

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

"Alex."
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

I don't have specific quotes for this one, but let me just say, Cassie is the queen of plot twists and cliffhangers.

Prodigy by Marie Lu

“Day, the boy from the streets with nothing except the clothes on his back and the earnestness in his eyes, owns my heart.
He is beauty, inside and out.
He is the silver lining in a world of darkness.
He is my light.” 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

"I am haunted by humans."

That's my Top Ten! What's yours? Leave a comment and a link to your TTT below, check out some of my other posts, and if you like what you see, follow me! I follow back.

Thanks! :D

15 comments:

Eveline V said...

Great list! Pandemonium's ending was just so shocking, I had to read Requiem, unfortunately it wasn't out yet :( Thanks for stopping by.

My Top Ten @ Eveline's Books

rockyriverteenlibrarian said...

Great list! I forgot about the ending of Prodigy. I can't wait to see where she goes with that story! I love the beginning to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but the ending of Days of Blood and Starlight is what kills me. I have another Zusak book on my list. Love the Book Thief quote too. Thanks for sharing-Megan
http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Bs

Roxanne Gillies said...

Wow, that list! Shatter Me and Daughter of Smoke & Bone are two of my favorite books, but I forgot them while writing my list... I heard Legend is a really great book and that opening line really makes me want to read it.

Roxy @ Story Envy

Sandy Farmer said...

Seems like everyone went with the beginning and ending quotes. I totally wasn't looking at the topic that way--but just my favorite beginnings and endings in general. Oh well! I like this topic better. Maybe I'll do my next TTT freebie this way. We'll see. Great list! I probably should have skipped the quote from Pandemonium yet since I haven't read it. WHOOPS!

Thanks for stopping by earlier!
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Saru Garg said...

I totally agree, Eveline! And that's unfortunate. :P

I can't wait either, Rockyriverteenlibrarian! Now I'm worried for the ending of Days of Blood and Starlight! XD

Haha, thank you Roxanne! I absolutely love Legend, and highly recommend you read it!

That's a unique way of looking at it! :D Well, I hope you don't understand what you just read. XD

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

Kelly said...

Yes yes yes to Daughter of Smoke & Bone and Shatter Me! Those opening lines are amazing. They both grab my attention asap.
Awesome list! :D<3

My TTT

Saru Garg said...

Thank you, and I agree! :D

aliceinreaderland.com said...

I really liked the beginning of Shatter Me too, and I'll have to check out Legend now because the beginning intrigued me! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/07/29/lines/

Alice @ Alice in Readerland

Saru Garg said...

YAY! Legend is amazing. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Sana said...

I think I need to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone because I so don't like angel books but this one might just reverse that. I hope. Aaand same for Legend, I so want to read it soon!

Love the beginning of The Fault in Our Stars and Beauty Queens' beginning is pretty interesting.

Saru Garg said...

Well, Daughter of Smoke & Bone was kind of a meh read for me, but I certainly hope you enjoy it! But I totally recommend Legend! It's amazing!

I agree. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

yaescapefromreality said...

I was screaming at the end of Pandemonium--what an amazing ending! I still need to read Beauty Queens, that beginning line is intriguing. And Prodigy--arghh! I can't even think about it right now, must have next book!! ~Pam

Saru Garg said...

I totally agree! Beauty Queens is a very funny read, I hope you enjoy it. :) Prodigy was outstanding. I can't wait for Champion! Thanks for stopping by! :D

Tori Davis said...

I apologize that I didn't read your favorite endings, but you said that they may contain spoilers, and I get so frustrated when I read spoilers. Although I do agree with all of your favorite beginnings! I wish I thought to add Legend and Shatter Me. I totally agree with those (:

Saru Garg said...

It's totally fine! If you would like to know what books I included, I said Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, Prodigy by Marie Lu, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by! :)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...