A to Z Bookish Survey

Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Hi guys! I've seen a lot of these lately and thought they were really awesome! So I'm going to do one too! Enjoy, and if this looks fun, do it too, and leave a link in the comments! I would love to see your bookish survey. :)

The original post can be found here.


Author you’ve read the most books from:

According to Goodreads, this honor goes to Marissa Moss. I stopped reading her books in like 3rd grade, but still. When I was younger and I liked a series, I read every book in it. Marissa Moss wrote a series of books called Amelia's Notebooks, and I read all of them, and some other books by her, bringing the total up to 38 books. In second place is the author of the Nancy Drew books, Carolyn Keene, with me having read 33 of her books.

Best Sequel Ever:

 This one definitely goes to Prodigy by Marie Lu. I loved Legend, but Prodigy was just mind-blowing. I can't even begin to describe how much I loved that book.

Currently Reading:

Steel Lily (ARC) by Megan Curd, An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, and Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare.

Drink of Choice While Reading:

I enjoy a variety of drinks. My favorites are probably hot chocolate and tea. Mmmmm...

E-reader or Physical Book?

I have 2 e-readers in my home... and I rarely use either. I really just can't get into a book on a screen. No matter how ridiculous this sounds, books are just... different. Their smell, their feel, everything about them is just so comforting and addicting. They feel like home and make me feel warm and fuzzy. E-readers make me feel cold and electronic. :P

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

My biggest book boyfriends are the two guys in The Mortal Instruments series: Jace and Simon. While I love Jace more, I would have been a tad intimidated by him, and would have gone with nerdy, adorable, and funny Simon. :)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

There are two:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Hidden Gem Book:

Half upon a Time by James Riley. This is an amazing fractured fairy-tale, and I couldn't put it down! I highly recommend it, and it deserves way more attention than what it has.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

There are a few. I've always loved reading, but it was never, like, the center of my universe until I read The Hunger Games.
The next important moment was Goodreads. If you love books, get a Goodreads. It is so great. You can connect with others who love books, get recommendations based on what you've read, rate  books, and review them! It's also an awesome way to keep track of books you've read and want to read. 
The last important moment was getting this blog. I love blogging so much, and it makes me feel closer to my books. :)

Just Finished:

I just finished The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan. It was SO GOOD.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Just reference this TTT.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

*Hangs head in shame*. I'm afraid the longest book I've ever read is only 550 pages, The Book Thief. It's one of my favorite books, but I'm really sad I haven't read anything longer. D:

Major book hangover because of:

Prodigy by Marie Lu. My heart was shattered.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Just one.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

I actually don't generally re-read. So many books, so little time!

Preferred Place To Read:

Splayed out on my bed. 

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

One of my favorite quotes about books from one of my favorite books:

"Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book."
-John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Reading Regret:

My parents are very restrictive on what I can and can't read, and I'm not allowed to read Harry Potter. I really want to. :P

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan
Half Upon a Time by James Riley
Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore
Airhead trilogy by Meg Cabot
The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Jace from The Mortal Instruments, and just that series in general. It is perfection. <3

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE by Cassandra Clare. GIVEITTOMENOW.

Worst Bookish Habit:

I'm one of those people who DNFs books really quickly. If something romantic, dramatic, interesting, or violent doesn't happen within the first 50 pages, I'm done.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Mind Games by Kiersten White. Is it any good?

Your latest book purchase:

Divergent and Insurgent boxed set by Veronica Roth, along with Wreck This boxed set by Keri Smith.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Prodigy by Marie Lu. It was due at the library the next day, and I refused to return it without finishing! 



8 comments:

Sandy Farmer said...

Ugh I don't think my comment went through the first time. I enjoyed reading your survey. Following you via Bloglovin' now. I really need to read the Legend series by Marie Lu, especially after seeing your comments here!

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Saru Garg said...

Thanks! Yes, yes, yes! Read it! It's amazing! Thanks for commenting! :)

yaescapefromreality said...

I loved Prodigy, such a great sequel. And that ending--Gah! What is going to happen in the next book? I'm really worried. By the way, I enjoyed Mind Games. Fun post! ~Pam

Saru Garg said...

I know! Oh my goodness I'm so worried! Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It sounds a bit strange, but I'll be sure to read it. :) Thanks!

Kelly said...

Okay, I need to read Prodigy asap. I wasn't that impressed with Legend, but hopefully you're totally right about Prodigy's awesomeness.
I liked Mind Games, but other people didn't really agree, so I guess it depends on your taste. -shrugs-

Saru Garg said...

YESYESYES read Prodigy! I am right. ;)

Well, I'm glad you liked it! Your word is good enough for me. :)

Kaitlyn said...

I have an ereader and I barely use it too. It feels like a waste and I wish I used it more (because it would be more convenient...), but I just can't get into books on it. You're right, there's just something about the physical interaction with a book!
I'm actually just about to try out City of Bones... so I'm glad to get your "thumbs up."
Also, I do have to say... I have read the Graceling Realm trilogy, and I think each book just gets better and better. I LOVE Fire and I also think Bitterblue is amazing. I really encourage you to try them out!
I just posted my own answers to this questionnaire :-)

Saru Garg said...

I know, right Kaitlyn?
Oh, really? It's my all-time favorite series, and I hope you love it as much as I did!
Oh, yay! I'm excited to read them! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...