Top Ten Tuesday 8/6/13

Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Hey guys!

August 6: Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels (they were complete stories but you just could have read more and more about these characters or set in that world).

1. Requiem by Lauren Oliver.

Anyone who's read the Delirium trilogy is probably nodding their head in understanding right now. I don't want to say anything if you're still reading or want to read this trilogy, so I'll keep it as vague as possible: I understand why she did what she did with her ending, but I just didn't feel satisfied. I felt disappointed. I would be majorly thrilled if she ever decided to make a book four!

2. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray.

I know that this book had an epilogue that tells you what happens to all the Beauty Queens in the future, but I wish it didn't! I want a sequel to this book so much, because I love the humor, the characters, and just the idea! I don't know what she write about if she were to write a sequel, but I would read it! XD


3. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen.

This book's ending was a huge disappointment. I mean, (only highlight the next few words if you've read Flipped) WHERE WAS OUR KISS?I need more information about what goes down with Bryce and Juli after this book! The fact is, the author announced that she will never write a sequel, which is heart-shattering. D:

4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

I thought that The Help had a magnificent and powerful ending, but I still really want to read more about what happens next: To Abileen, to Hilly, to Minny, and to Celia. I feel like there could be more of a story here. We could maybe even fast-forward to Mae Mobley as an adult, and find out whether or not what Aibleen taught her had any effect on her life.




5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

The ending of this book really doesn't leave any room for a sequel, but I can still dream, right? But how about a companion novel? About a different little girl on a different street with a different family and different friends? Just something? All I want is Death to narrate, and for it to have the same breath-taking, tear-inducing writing as this book. So, a companion book? YES PLEASE.



6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

I think that this book can have a sequel for sure. We could follow our characters through more of their journey, and see how they deal with the events that occurred during this book. It would probably be even more depressing than book one, but if it means more of the characters, I'll take it!




7. Everyday by David Levithan.

What happens with A and Rhiannon? I mean, the ending of this book doesn't really give them a happy ending, and I WANT THAT! A sequel needs to be made for this book!





These are the only books I can think of! What about you? What books were on your list? Leave a link and a comment below, check out some of my other posts, and if you like what you see, follow me!

Thanks! :)

14 comments:

chrissireads said...

Great list! I'm reading Beauty Queens soon. I can't wait :-)

Anna said...

Yes -- totally agree on Every Day. I wanted more!

Saru Garg said...

Thanks Chrissi! I hope you enjoy it. :)

I know, right? I just felt like the ending didn't tie everything up.

yaescapefromreality said...

Yes, I completely agree with Requiem, it was on my list too! And I haven't read Beauty Queens, but I've heard such good things about it, that's definitely going on my TBR list. ~Pam

Saru Garg said...

Requiem's ending just didn't do it for me, either. :) Beauty Queens is great, and I totally recommend you pick it up. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Amber Hodges said...

I have delirium but haven't gotten around to reading it yet due to other books but now I am hoping I am satisfied with the series.

Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

Amber @Paradise of Pages

Sandy J said...

Everybody seems to be adding 'Requiem' to have a sequel. I guess I need to read it soon to see what it's all about :)

Saru Garg said...

Delirium is great, I hope you enjoy it Amber! Book 3 is a let-down, though. :P

Sandy, read it! I would love to see your thoughts on it!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Asti said...

Love that we chose two of the same books for this week's TTT. We probably could have had more of the same listed, but I haven't read any of the other ones you listed! Need to fix that. I've been eying Beauty Queens forever.

Sandy Farmer said...

Oh I'm reading Pandemonium right now, but I'm not very far into it. LOVED Delirium. I almost mentioned The Fault in Our Stars, but I honestly couldn't see where a sequel would go if there was one so I decided to leave it off my list. Great list!

Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Kelly said...

I understand why you'll want a sequel to Requiem. Such an open ending it has!
And ohh, I wish I thought of Flipped! I want to know if they ever will get together. o:
Awesome list & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

Jillyn said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT FLIPPED ON MY LIST! I forgot how much I needed continuation from that! The Fault in Our Stars made my list too.

My TTT.

Eveline V said...

Great list! I totally agree with Requiem, I was so disappointed by the inconclusive ending:(

TTT @ Eveline's Books

Saru Garg said...

Asti- Haha, I love that too! I hope you enjoy Beauty Queens! :)

Sandy- No problem! I don't know where a sequel would go either, but I want it!

Kelly- I know, right? I want to know too! What kind of ending was that? No problem. :)

Jillyn- Haha, I was surprised I didn't see it on any lists! It needs a sequel! Thanks for stopping by!

Eveline- I was really hoping for some closure.:( Thanks!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...