I fall victim to a horrible disorder...

Saturday, October 12, 2013
First of all, sorry about the random hiatus! I don't know what happened. But I'm back! :)

Second...

I don't know what is going on. But I hate it.

I have gotten this horrible, horrible disorder.

I can't finish books.

Let's see... First of all, I'm not in a reading slump/book hangover. When this had started, the last book I had read was An Abundance of Katherines by John Green which was a freaking amazing book, but not enough for a book hangover.

After finishing An Abundance of Katherines, school started. And I started another book. And had to return it to the library 30 pages in. Repeat 10,000 more times.

I am not going to say school is the main problem. It's a mixture of things, most likely. I think it might be the following:


  1. School started, and the amount of time I had to read books depleted because homework.
  2. The due dates stressed me out. I didn't know which books I had to read, I felt pressed for time, and I started reading books I wasn't feeling just because they were going to be returned soon.
  3. Procrastination.
I'm procrastinating about books. I think it's shameful, to be honest. I've always had a problem with procrastination, and I have no problem admitting that. But now it's starting to spread to things that I love. That I won't tolerate. I'm keeping myself from doing things that I like. I don't even know how to put into words how angry that makes me with myself. Procrastinating is hard to stop doing. But I'm going to try to stop it, first with books. I won't let procrastination take away reading from me. Here's my plan:

Right now, I have Cinder by Marissa Meyer checked out of the library, and that's it. I'm planning on finishing it, (I have to finish it, I'm reading it for a school project). Then, I'm going to stay away from the library for a while. I might grab The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan from there, because throughout all of this I was still able to devour Battle of the Labyrinth, but that's probably all I'll get. Instead of reading a library book, I'll read...

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen!!

Yes, finally! This book was part of six books that I got for my birthday which was at the beginning of the year, and has been sitting on my shelf for about 8 months. I think it's time I get to it! 

P&P is a classic, so I'm assuming it will take me a while, so I don't have any plans ahead of that. If I'm feeling up to it afterwards, I'll go back to the library. If not, I'll reread my copies of Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth in anticipation of the October 22nd release of Allegiant!

That's all for now!

Bye :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...