The Hunger Games: Panem Favorites Survey

Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Hey everyone! So Jasmine over at Flip That Page made a really cool bookish survey about our favorite books based on the Districts in The Hunger Games, and questions based on the characters as well! I really want to do this survey, so here we go! By the way, if you want to do this survey, feel free to, but first check out Jasmine's original post here.

Regions of Panem

District 1

Industry: Luxury Items

Favorite book involving royalty: Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I loved this book, and the royalty was a big contributor to my love of this book. Queen Levana, Emperor Kai, and the mystery behind Princess Selene made this book all the more interesting. :)

District 2

Industry: Masonry and Weapons

Favorite book on war: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's beautiful and heartbreaking and breathtaking. As for the war aspect of the book, I loved reading from the perspective of someone who wasn't being prosecuted, but didn't agree with Hitler. It was a very interesting new point of view.

District 3

Industry: Electronics and Technology

Favorite science fiction book: Legend by Marie Lu. All the high-tech equipment and the innovations in this book really intrigued me, especially the game aspect of Antarctica. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll just have to read the trilogy to find out!)

District 4

Industry: Fishing

Favorite beach read (however you define one!): Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I define a beach read as something cute, fluffy, funny, and flirty, and this book is exactly it! It's relaxing and just a nice, carefree book.

District 5

Industry: Power

Favorite book involving superhuman/supernatural characters: Doctor Who. Oh wait, that's a TV show. Okay,then I'll say The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. It has everything. Vampires, werewolves, faeries, warlocks! You name it, this book's got it!

District 6

Industry: Transportation and Healing

Favorite road trip/self-discovery book: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I haven't read many road trip books (which I hope to change!), but out of the ones I have read, this is the one that stands out the most, because what can I say? I love John Green. Plus, this book made me die laughing. I adore Hassan.

District 7

Industry: Lumber and Wood

Favorite book with a wilderness/dystopian setting: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. This book takes place in the Wilds (basically a large forest). Although it wasn't the most interesting wilderness settings, the way Oliver described it made it feel like it was. 

District 8

Industry: Fabrics and Textiles

Favorite book cover: Tell The Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt, if we're talking about books I've already read. I'm a sucker for two things on covers: Fonts, and a vintage look. And this book combines both, and I absolutely love it.

District 9

Industry: Grain

Favorite under-hyped book: Half Upon a Time by James Riley. This book is the first book in a seriously fun middle-grade trilogy, and is entirely a fractured fairy tale. I love this trilogy, and highly recommend it. I wish more people read it!

District 10

Industry: Livestock


Favorite book involving animals (werewolves and shapeshifters count!): All of Carl Hiaasen's YA novels such as Hoot, Chomp, Scat, and Flush. They are all centered around wildlife and the environment and I love them all.

District 11

Industry: Farming and Agriculture

Favorite fictional setting: New Antarctica from the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. In this book's future, Antarctica has become habitable and is a virtual video game. It's so interesting and such a unique place, which is very fun to read about.

District 12

Industry: Coal Mining

Rock-solid favorite (from concluded series): (I assume this means favorite last book of a series or trilogy?) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It's sad, because this is the most happy conclusion I've ever read. And my favorite character dies in it. -_-

The Capitol

Central Seat of Government

Favorite book with a political agenda:Divergent by Veronica Roth, because the idea of factions set up by the government was so very interesting! And then because of all the revelations in the third book.

Notable Characters

District 1: Cashmere and Gloss

Favorite fictional siblings: Isabelle and Alec from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. They balance each other out so well, and you can always feel their love for one another.

District 2: Cato

Favorite bad-boy character: Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I don't know what to say. I just love him. And yes, he's a bad boy because he's a kick-butt demon hunter!

District 3: Beetee and Wiress

Favorite geeky/genius character: Colin from An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. He was so smart, and his thoughts about his intelligence were really something to think about. Things like the difference between a prodigy and a genius. 

District 4: Finnick Odair

Favorite swoon-worthy hero: Day from Legend by Marie Lu. Every time he shows up in the book, I swoon. He's a darling.

District 5: Foxface

Favorite mysterious character: Luke from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. NO SPOILERS, because I haven't read The Last Olympian yet, but I just can't get a read on this guy. Is he good or bad?

District 6: The Morphlings

Favorite secondary character: Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. He was so funny, and he helped to make the book less depressing and life-destroying. I would have loved to read more about him.

District 7: Johanna Mason

Favorite female character: Tris from the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. I felt like she was the perfect balance of not too strong but not too soft. And she was such a selfless person.

District 11: Rue

Favorite fictional kid: James from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. He was so funny, and I really appreciated it when he started interrupting the (excessive) making out scenes between Juliette and Adam.

District 12: Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen

Favorite fictional couple: June and Day from Legend by Marie Lu. I don't know if they're my absolute favorite, because I have about a million ships, but they're near the top of my list.

The Capitol: President Snow

Favorite villian (to kill): Jonathan Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. Don't even get me started on that little...never mind.

That's a wrap!

Let me know what you think, and a link down in the comments if you decide to do this survey too!

Bye!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...